A turnkey website is a completely functioning website with everything needed to run a website already completely functional. This includes important items such as domain names, website hosting, plugins or scripts and (if required) shopping cart. In short, it is a fully functional website.
Over the past few months, we have been talking to a lot of our web design clients. The common problem that they all face is that eventually they run into the natural problem of scaling their services. The common bottlenecks to growth are:
- Non-sticky (non-repetitive clients)
- Clients with limited budgets
- Human Resource
- Bench Size (can often lead to losses)
- Skill Development
TD Web Services has always driven scale by thinking out of the box ergo a proposal has been provided to them is to develop a strategy for turnkey websites.
Why Turnkey websites?
When a digital agency has a lot of paying clients, usually a template is selected and the agency will put its creative signature on the same and deliver it to their clients. With turnkey websites, they are a ready-made website, ready to be sold. Key advantages:
- No Additional Efforts (one the website has been created)
- Can be easily replicated
- While in idle state it can still generate revenues (a revenue-generating website can fetch you a huge premium)
- Use your bench strength (no additional investment)
- Cross-sell your other services (Website Management, SEO, Social Media etc)
Will clients buy turnkey websites?
A quick answer is Absolutely yes. As people are moving towards a gig-based economy or just want to have a side hustle that they can work from home. This is exactly where your turnkey websites come into play. Let’s say, someone wants to start an affiliate marketing hustle or maybe a drop-shipping or any other hustle. Such a niche will require instant gratification. They usually don’t have the time to go through the development & design process for the whole site.
- Instant Website
- It can start immediately if the website is already generating revenues, the cashflow will also start immediately.
- No development or design cycle.
How to get Started with Turnkey websites?
Each turnkey website that you develop – there are the following questions that need to be answered.
- What are the most common “components” clients in a specific niche ask for?
- How can I build those components in a way to easily use them in the future? (Site replication process)
- What customization options am I going to provide? Note: Keep the list short! (can create the possibility of upsell)
- How to make the transfer process easy and made the transfer immediately.
- How can I improve the process to shave off even more setup time?
- What is the hourly rate I’m paying my employees to launch these sites for clients?
- Given the great process, how many sites can I expect one employee to be able to launch in one week?
These types of questions challenge you to figure out a pricing model that scales. The lower the fee, the more attractive it is for prospects, but you have to balance that with making a worthwhile profit. That’s why you need a quality templates design that’s easy to customize and strong processes in place for keeping the workflow smooth and efficient.
Turnkey websites are a great way to scale your agency, but they’re not the only option. Recurring revenue will allow your agency to maintain healthy cash flow and work in a more stress-free environment.
If there are other questions you are looking for, open a ticket with us and our experts will help you with your journey to scale your agency.