Things to do in your first after installing Linux server6 March 2021
Matching Public Cloud Offerings on a TDWS Box Cloud: On-Demand Private Cloud12 April 2021
WP-CLI is an open-source suite of command-line tools for managing and administering WordPress. Most functions that can be done in the WordPress Dashboard via a web browser can be completed by typing a command at a prompt.
To utilize this feature, TDWS Cloud Server/VPS servers will require WP-CLI to be installed. This can be done with just a few simple commands in SSH.
- Connect to your server through SSH.
- Download wp-cli by running the following command:
curl -O https://raw.githubusercontent.com/wp-cli/builds/gh-pages/phar/wp-cli.phar
3. Make wp-cli executable by running:
chmod +x wp-cli.phar
4. This next command will allow us to easily use wp-cli by typing “wp”:
sudo mv wp-cli.phar /usr/local/bin/wp
5. That’s it! WP-CLI should now be installed.
To check/update your wp-cli version in the future, you can run:
wp cli update
- WP-CLI Handbook (WordPress Developer Site)